Scala Data Centers is the hyper-scalable data center platform that brings to Latin America the expertise and the global size of DigitalBridge.
Based in Brazil, we support cloud service providers in addition to large corporations on their digital transformation journeys.
We combine in-depth industry knowledge with extensive operational experience to deliver colocation and connectivity services that scale in a robust, agile and flexible way.
Our purpose is to enable the future and progress in Latin American countries through the development of digital infrastructure in the region.
DigitalBridge, the investment firm that is one of the largest digital infrastructure players in the world, with more than USD 40 billion in assets and almost 125 data centers around the globe, decides to increase its presence in Latin America.
Marcos Peigo joins the group as a partner responsible for investments in the region.
DigitalBridge acquires the data center and connectivity assets of the Brazilian company UOL Diveo.
Scala Data Centers is launched as DigitalBridge‘s data center platform in Latin America with an aggressive growth plan in the region.
The SP3 project – a new hyperscale single tenant data center – receives TIER 3 certification according to the TIA Standard.
Scala Data Centers starts the construction of the new data center (SP3), a hyperscale single tenant project, at the Tamboré Campus.
With its inauguration scheduled for the first semester of 2021, the SP3 will have 12MW of total capacity in 5.2 thousand m² of area.
Scala finished the construction of its Headquarter for Latin America in Alphaville (SP) with around 2,000 m² of office space.
Scala announces investment in education, donating 28 scholarships for Electrical, Civil and Mechanical Engineering to underprivileged students. It also announces financial donations and support for hundreds of children served by Hospital Pequeno Príncipe and the NGO Jardim das Borboleta.
Scala celebrates its first year of life with a series of achievements:
- doubled its installed capacity,
- increased five times its expansion capacity,
- secured more than 1 million m² in land bank in 4 different countries,
- Became the first data center company with 100% of its energy coming from a certified renewable source,
- during the pandemic, hired more than 150 talents for the team,
- distributed 28 full scholarships to young talents with economic constraints,
- increased YoY ebitda by +50% and revenue execution rate by 35%,
- started its first Internship Program in the areas of Sales, Projects, Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Legal, Engineering and Purchasing.
- Scala announces a second campus in the state of São Paulo anchored by the acquisition of Algar Tech’s data center and colocation assets. It will deliver 100MW of sustainable capacity, in modern and sustainable data centers;
- Scala wins the Great Place to Work® seal, placing us in the select group of companies that offer their employees a fair environment, with credibility and camaraderie, where respect prevails to encourage pride in belonging;
- Scala receives CarbonNeutral® certification issued by Natural Capital Partners, the leading experts in carbon neutrality with more than 20 years of existence and more than 300 global clients. This is the first certification issued to a Latin American company in the data center sector that already operates with 100% renewable energy, confirming Scala’s commitment to investments based on sustainability.
- Scala stands out in the ISG Provider Lens™ 2021 report and is the leader in Colocation in Brazil for the second consecutive year. Mentioned prominently in the study, we were recognized for our experience and focus on serving the hyperscaler market, for the proven capacity to expand our operations and for our pioneering actions and results in ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) in the country.
- Scala guarantees its customers 100% renewable and certified energy supply until 2033. Through a partnership with ENGIE Brasil Energia, the largest private energy producer in the country, we signed a long-term energy purchase agreement, ensuring the availability of more than 1,600 GWh in our operations – enough volume to supply a city of around 700 thousand people for a year.
- We opened the first Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE) in the data center industry in Latin America. The CoE takes over the management of the entire design and construction chain of Scala’s data centers in the region, including the stages of technical diligence, test fit, conceptual and executive projects, from construction management to commissioning. The initiative is also responsible for developing data center technologies and solutions with a focus on increasing operational and energy efficiency.
- We started the constructions of SP4 and SP5 in Tamboré. Each campus is scheduled to open in 2022 and it aims to serve hyperscaler customers and major technology providers.
- We announced the hiring of Country Managers for our operations in Chile, Mexico and Colombia, taking another step towards our internationalization plan in Latin America.
- We received financial support from the International Finance Corporation (IFC), via DigitalBridge, to continue developing and enabling the future of digital infrastructure in Latin America.
- We were awarded by DatacenterDynamics at the DCD Awards 2021 in the Latin America Data Center Development category.
- We announced the arrival of Dell Technologies in our data centers to offer the ServicesSelect, a managed service.
- We were finalists for 2 categories at the Datacloud Global Awards 2022 and celebrated our entry into the first international market: Chile.
- We celebrated the second year of life and announced the beginning of our regional expansion in Brazil, such as in Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre cities.
- We achieved the Great Place to Work (GPTW) certification for the second year, and announced our entry into the iMasons Climate Accord, a group composed by companies committed to reducing carbon in digital infrastructure materials, products and energy.
SCALA DATA CENTERS LEADING POSITION
Scala Data Centers is leader in services and is one of the main
investors in colocation in Brazil
Scala Data Centers was classified as leader in Colocation in Brazil in the ISG Provider Lens 2022 Report!
Scala Data Centers is in the “three biggest investors in Colocation in Brazil” and in “the two biggest investors in São Paulo”, according to Arizton research!!
Scala Data Centers is led by an experienced team, which is fundamental for our continuous success.
Learn more about the members of our executive team:
Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder
Chief Technology and Information Officer
Graduated in Electronic Engineering by the Pontifícia Universidade Católica of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ), Agostinho has more than 34 years of experience in technology, software, hardware, innovation, IoT, quantum computing and 5G, having been the founder of IBM Brazil Garage, Distinguished Engineer at IBM and co-author of a patent on cybersecurity.
Chief of Staff and ESG Program Director
Graduated in Electrical Production Engineering by the Pontifícia Universidade Católica of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-RJ), Christiana holds the position of Chief of Staff, bringing 23 years of experience at Accenture, where she built great part of her career.
ANA PAULA ROMANTINI
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Graduated in Business Administration by the Universidade de São Paulo (USP) and with an MBA in Corporate Finance by Insper, Ana has more than 28 years of experience in various areas of finance, having previously worked for large national and multinational companies, such as Santo Antônio Energia, Elektro and iG.
VP of Sales and Customer Services
Graduated in Computer Science and with an MBA in Business Administration and Management by Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV), Cleber has more than 20 years of sales experience and service management in companies such as IBM and UOL Diveo.
Operations Vice President
With a Master’s degree in Computer Science by the Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Reigada has more than 30 years dedicated to the infrastructure, telecommunications and IT segments in companies such as AWS and Motorola.
JOSÉ EDUARDO QUINTELLA
Engineering Vice President
Civil Engineering by the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) and with an MBA in Business Management by Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV), Quintella has over 15 years of experience in the engineering, construction, and infrastructure investment sectors, having been Chief Operating Officer (COO) at OEC.
Corporate Vice President
Graduated in Law and Accounting by the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG) and with a Master’s degree in Corporate Law by Columbia University and in Finance and Business by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Luciano has more than 25 years of experience in Brazil and USA in M&A, finance, legal and governance areas.
Learn more about Scala Data Centers in the following video
Be part of a dynamic team and in constant evolution at Scala Data Centers
Boost your career!